Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and its affiliates (the "Company") have an ongoing commitment to achieving the highest levels of satisfaction for users of the Company's webpages and other publicly available digital sites (the "Website"). As part of these efforts, the Company is fully dedicated to a policy of digital non-discrimination by offering reasonable accommodations for full and equal enjoyment of its Website to all users, regardless of any user's disability.
To assist in achieving the aforementioned accessibility goals with respect to the Website, the Company has committed to the Website being designed, developed, and operated in accordance with generally recognized and accepted guidelines and/or standards for website accessibility (the "Standards"). While these Standards may change and/or evolve over time, they are currently at least the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0/2.1 at Levels A and AA ¹.
The Company's commitment to website accessibility will be further implemented over time with the additional guidance of both counsel and an independent third-party accessibility expert ("Web Accessibility Consultant"). This website development process will also bring the Website into further conformance with the Section 508 Web Accessibility Standards developed by the United States Access Board. The Website will be tested on a periodic basis with assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers, and by users with disabilities who use these technologies.
Below are some of the steps the Company is taking under its website accessibility policy:
- The Web Accessibility Consultant will conduct a website accessibility audit and provide the Company with specific recommendations to facilitate website accessibility and conformance with the Standards.
- The Web Accessibility Consultant will provide training for the Company's web development personnel on conformance with the Standards.
- The Company will periodically review and test the Website in order to facilitate conformance with the Standards.
- The Company will make available on its Website a dedicated accessibility email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to address any accessibility issues that individual users of the Website may encounter, and for which they seek a reasonable accommodation or auxiliary aid.
- The Company has adopted this website accessibility policy to support its ongoing commitment to the accessibility of the Website.
- Accessibility Manager
The Company will designate one or more individuals to manage website accessibility.
- Accessibility Needs Assessment / Recommendations
The Web Accessibility Consultant will conduct a website accessibility audit and provide the Company with a needs assessment and recommendations to facilitate website accessibility and conformance with the Standards.
The Web Accessibility Consultant will provide training for the Company's respective web development personnel on conformance with the Standards.
- Authoring Tools
The Company will preferentially purchase authoring tools consistent with this website accessibility policy.
The Company will inform third-party content providers of its website accessibility policy, and will favor providers based on their accessibility conformance capabilities.
- Ongoing Accessibility Testing and Evaluation
The Company will have website accessibility reviews conducted going forward on a periodic basis. Accessibility evaluations will be principally manual, and will not rely solely on automated accessibility screening software.
- Accessibility Statement / Contact and Feedback
The Company will publish an accessibility statement on the Website. Such statements will inform users that the Company is committed and is working on an ongoing basis to facilitate website accessibility for the Website.
- Accessibility Contact and Feedback
The Company will undertake reasonable efforts to make accessible any particular Website page that, at any time, is specifically identified and requested to be made accessible by an individual with a disability. The department or team responsible for the creation of the specified content is responsible for making it accessible. The Company has created a designated Web accessibility email address, email@example.com, for reporting the specific accessibility issue and Website address that the user has encountered.
- Policy and Periodic Review
This policy is not contingent on a particular technology or design approach. Its aim is to facilitate access to and use of the Website by all users, including persons with disabilities. This policy will be reviewed, and when appropriate revised, on a periodic basis by the Company's designated accessibility manager and counsel as appropriate.